Diocse of Ripon and Leeds
Pioneer Minister to the Night Time Economy
Applications are invited from ordained and lay candidates for this new and challenging full-time post.
Leeds has a reputation for its vibrant nightlife which includes clubs, bars, restaurants, theatres, cinemas, opera and ballet. There is a balance between people enjoying the evening and night time economy, and local residents and businesses.
The person appointed will work in the context of the night time economy in Leeds City Centre. They will establish presence, build relationships and create partnerships that discern and encourage spiritual encounters in the context of the night time economy.
They will have a vision for mission and prophetic witness and understanding/awareness of city centre issues. They will be responsible for creating a credible and effective Christian presence in the city amongst people at leisure, and be open to the opportunities for mission presented by this context.
They will be able to demonstrate a range of skills and experience including:
• A realistic and informed vocation to fresh expressions of Church within a contemporary culture.
• An authentic and integrated understanding of work in the night time community.
• A well-developed understanding of the interaction between gospel and culture.
• The capacity to evangelise beyond the culture of the church.
• A demonstrable maturity and robustness to face the demands of pioneer mission and ministry.
• An ability to work under their own initiative in flexible ways but mindful of the need to earth themselves within a worshipping community
• A demonstrable track record of innovation and initiative
• A demonstrable ability to work collaboratively and in a team
• A lively and engaging mind and ability to communicate their
An Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure is
required for this post
For further details and an application form please contact:
The Archdeacon of Leeds, 3 West Park Grove
Roundhay, Leeds LS8 2HQ
Tel 0113 2690594 • Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 25th February 2011
Interviews: 6th April 2011